After sleeping in a while this morning, I had the priviledge of riding Annette's bike down to the Jibimarkt, a little grocery store. I locked up the bike, walked into the store, and began to look for a shopping cart. They have a sort of entrance gate, which I walked through to further my search, only to suddenly rememeber that the shopping carts are kept locked up outside. If only America would understand the benefits! One has to put a euro coin into the shopping cart to unlock it from the rest. Once you're done shopping, you have to attach the cart back to the rest and the coin pops out. How brilliant. Those poor Publix workers would never have to go fetch all the carts in the heat.
Speaking of heat, it's pretty stinkin' hot here. Northern Germany (and perhaps other places in Europe) is having a heat wave and it's 35 degrees celsius. That#s 95 without AC! Gotta run for lunch and then the soccer game in the city :)
No comments:
Post a Comment