Thursday, July 29, 2010

Homesick

For a while, things were busy here in Vilsendorf (back in Germany-I don't know the last time I wrote) and I didn't have much time to write. Then things slowed down a bit and I started to grow homesick, enough to keep me from writing, not wanting to admit it. Burying myself deeper into my family here seemed to help for a while but I finally gave in to admitting it. Last night was... interesting. I'm feeling much better finally, knowing that wherever I am, I have a heavenly Father who is always with me. Nevertheless, I'm very excited to see my family in a few short weeks.
So what have I been up to since the Czech Republic? I've been enjoying the time here in Vilsendorf and surrounding areas. Last Thursday I visited Köln (Cologne) with my future house-mates Emma and Katrina Bobbs and their family. It was wonderful to finally meet them or at least most of the family. We visited the famous cathedral but for the twins' sake didn't stay long. Our next stop was the Lindt chocolate museum- really a treat! The museum shows all aspects of chocolate, including harvesting cocoa beans, transporting them, the people who harvest them, how chocolate is made, the advertisement and history of chocolate, etc. My favorite was the actual chocolate manufacturing and tasting :).

Ah, time to go eat some ruccola-garlic-bacon-onion noodles! Will write more later.

1 comment:

  1. Yum!! :) Those noodles sound good! Sounds like you have been having a great time, despite the homesickness. I'm glad you were able to admit it :)

    Praying for you- have a great rest of your summer!
    ~Yvonne

    ReplyDelete